Miyerkules, Agosto 14, 2013

McKayla Maroney




McKayla Rose Maroney (born December 9, 1995) is an American artistic gymnast. At the 2011 World Championships, she won gold medals in the team and vault competitions. She was a member of the gold medal-winning US women's gymnastics team at the 2012 Summer Olympics and was the 2012 Olympic vault silver medalist. Maroney is also known for her "not impressed" face, which became an internet meme during the 2012 Olympics.[4]

Personal life[edit source | editbeta]

McKayla Maroney was born in Aliso Viejo, California to Mike and Erin Maroney. Her father was a quarterback at Purdue University,[5] and her mother was involved in figure skating and high school sports. She is Irish-Catholic.[6] She has two siblings, Tarynn and Kav, and is home schooled in order to train as an elite gymnast.[7]
"When I was younger," Maroney said. "I would be watching Tarzan and running around on all fours. My mom was like 'I need to put this child in gymnastics. She's crazy.'"[8] "I was technically in gymnastics at the age of 2 and always felt comfortable in the gym."[9]
When Maroney was nine years old she moved clubs to train at Gym-Max in Costa Mesa, California. She said, "I realized that I had a dream that I wanted to go to the Olympics and I wanted to go as far as I could go. I thought I should probably move to a new gym and start thinking about the Olympics."[8]
About her first Olympic memory, she said, "I remember watching Carly Patterson. She was one of my favorites. I loved her floor routine. I went to Olympic Trials that year (2004) with Kyla. I remember seeing the gymnasts on the floor and I loved all of their leotards. I thought they were so little and so amazing. I thought, how am I going to stay this little? I was worried that I was going to be really tall because my dad is 6'3" and my mom is 5'2", so I didn’t know which one I was going to be."[10]

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento