Lunes, Setyembre 16, 2013

Female priests defy the Vatican

I read this on the net today:  

It's still a small underground movement but it is nevertheless gaining momentum: female priests. One hundred and fifty women have now been ordained around the world. They're automatically excommunicated by the Catholic Church but that hasn't stopped a growing number of them from answering God's call. Our reporters speak to the first woman to be ordained as a priest in San Francisco.

I actually dreamed of becoming a priest when I was a young girl. I was so drawn to the life of the priests that I saw, my family being close to them as I was growing up. I would listen to their sermons intently and I was always amazed at the idea of such a privilege being able to preach to the people and representing God. But now that I am already an adult I have realized that indeed  this special vocation is certainly for the men only. The Bible does says and gives much emphasis on patriarchal leadership in the Church. 


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento